audio-video

Re: [Audio-video] RMS Birmingham Talk

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [Audio-video] RMS Birmingham Talk
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:17:07 -0700 (PDT)

Tim Williams <address@hidden> wrote ..

> Hello,
>
> We are planning to make a video of RMSs talk in Birmingham UK on the 25th.
> Are there any specific requirements which I need to take account of? We are
> not planning a complex recording set up and shall be using a video camera
> which records direct to flash memory in MP4 (h264/aac) format with either
> a radio mic or boundary mic for the audio. I realise that MP4 isn't
> acceptable for publishing the video but is it ok for the purposes of the
> initial recording if it is then converted before publishing?
>
> Thankyou, Tim Williams

Thank you so much for your willingness to record the talk! There aren't very
many (any?) cameras that record directly into something like Ogg Vorbis +
Theora or WebM, so an intermediate format is okay. Programs like ffmepg2theora
can be used to convert the file into an appropriate format. If you need help
doing the conversion just ask, and thanks again for recording his talk!