Re: Indenting the code written in square brackets as optional parameters

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Indenting the code written in square brackets as optional parameters
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 13:14:48 +0900

Hi निरंजन,

> I tried merging the patch you have attached. For that I
> followed the following steps on my bash terminal. I think I
> have missed something because I am not able to see any
> change in the behavior so far.

[...]

> So I am unfortunately not able to test whether the patch
> actually works not. Can you please help me for understanding
> how to install the whole latest thing?

Try M-x byte-recompile-directory RET and specify
~/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-13.0.14/ as the target directory. It will
byte-compile latex.el and generates new latex.elc there. After that,
restart emacs. Then you can taste updated behavior.

> ------8<-------------------------------------------8<------
> git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/auctex.git
> cd auctex/
> wget https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex/2022-03/txtiC_jAAIg6Q.txt
> # Got this link from the email thread of the message:
> # https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex/2022-03/msg00009.html
> mv txtiC_jAAIg6Q.txt patch.patch
> git apply patch.patch
> cp latex.el ~/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-13.0.14/latex.el

You don't have to clone git repository just to apply a patch and test
it. In the directory ~/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-13.0.14/, issue a command
patch -p1 < PATH_TO_PATCH_FILE
. That will update latex.el, leaving the original file as latex.el.orig .

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine