Re: Indenting the code written in square brackets as optional parameters

From: निरंजन
Subject: Re: Indenting the code written in square brackets as optional parameters
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 13:54:32 +0000

Hello Arash, Ikumi and Sašo,

Thanks for probing this issue so deeply and sorry for a
delayed response.

> That can be an option. I think there are 3 (or more?)
> candidates:
>   1. New minor mode.
>   2. New user option.
>   3. Leave it as is.
> What do others think?

I would definitely insist for a minor mode as this is in my
opinion a very good and handy feature. Apart from insisting
for the first alternative, I would really urge you all to
think if there is really any case outside the math-mode
where one would want to use incomplete brackets, i.e., using
a [ without a ]). If there is no case where such a text
would be used I would also request you to consider making
this indentation the default one and only providing a minor
mode to turn it off. As far as I see this is only useful and
not at all harmful in the text-mode.

> Oh, sorry, did it? That is strange according to your

I don't know, but this is what happened. Maybe something is
wrong, but anyways; as of now I have managed to compile the
required file, so let's just forget it ;-)

Best,
निरंजन