Re: Space between "&" signs (Re: Macros for table creation)

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: Re: Space between "&" signs (Re: Macros for table creation)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 13:50:20 +0530

Sorry for taking so very long to get back.

Ikumi Keita wrote (Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 03:46:43PM +0900):
> Hi Mandar,

> > You don't like C-c C-e (insert environment) table? It behaves a little
> > like what you want. It doesn't ask for the number of rows though, and
> > the &s are all strung together without any space between them.
>
> Do you want some spaces between "&" signs? If so, I can modify the
> behavior, probably with a user customize option to determine whether and
> how much space should be inserted.

It might look prettier *initially* with the spaces, but I usually spend so much
time messing around with the table entries that a customize option would
probably be overkill. You're probably better off taking a nap than working on
this :-).

Best wishes,
Mandar.