Re: Macros for table creation

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Macros for table creation
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 18:13:14 +0900

Hi Sivaram,

>> I get asked about float, centreing,caption,label  and alignment and
>> that just puts the environment there, no & and \\.   What do you call
>> to get & and \\ entries too?

> Now that you ask, I checked, and found that it happens only some of
> the time, not consistently.

When AUCTeX asks format for tabular env., respond with some non-empty
answer such as c|l|r. Then you'll get suitable number of "&" signs like
this:
\begin{table}
  \centering
  \begin{tabular}[t]{c|l|r}
    &&
  \end{tabular}
  \caption{abc}
  \label{tab:1}
\end{table}

It doesn't provide "\\". However, you can insert it by C-c C-j or M-RET
(LaTeX-insert-item) at the last of the respective line, which provides
you suitable number of "&" signs again on the next line.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita