Re: Auctex persistent problems not recognizing master file

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Auctex persistent problems not recognizing master file
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 23:50:02 +0900

> In Doom-Emacs are you able to compile from the local (in /chapters)
> file, or do you get an error?

Before evaluating (hack-local-variables 'no-mode), I got error.
After it, I succeeded.

> Again, I was getting this problem long before I installed Doom.

As I wrote in my previous message, my current guess is that some
package(s) you and doom are commonly using is (are) incompatible with
AUCTeX with respect to the way to handle file local variables.

> I would to rule out the possibility that it is related to Auctex
> 13.0.5. Would there be any easy way to test this on Emacs (without
> Doom) using the 13.0.5 Auctex version?

I have no idea, sorry.

> For my part, I will try to figure out how do a "recipe" in Doom to
> switch the Auctex version to 13.0.6, just to test this.

In my opinion, that isn't prospective. AUCTeX 13.0.5 and 13.0.6 have
only tiny difference which has little to do with this issue.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita