Re: Auctex persistent problems not recognizing master file

From: David Denton
Subject: Re: Auctex persistent problems not recognizing master file
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 08:13:30 -0400

Hello Ikumi,

Thanks so much for checking this out.  I wasn't imagining that you would have to install Doom-Emacs. Please note that I had this problem before installing Doom. In fact, that is one reason I did install Doom, because I was wondering if there were possible conflicts between the customize parameters and the Elisp parameters in my config file, and I was hope that the Doom configuration would help sort this out.

In order to use Doom-Emacs with Auctex you have to uncomment "latex" in the init.el file in the .doom.d folder. Then, you must run "doom sync" in a terminal. It will install Auctex properly. There are several options that you can use in the init.el file. Mine looks like this:

(latex
        +fold
        +latexmk
        +biblio)

Sorry to have caused this much trouble for you. However, if you have not already uninstalled Doom, you could try this. As you are using Emacs 27.2 your packages may not be the same as mine. With Emacs 26.3 Doom currently loads Auctex 13.0.5. If Doom installs Auctex 13.0.5 for you, you may be able to test whether this version is what is causing the problem.

My problem does not appear to be with Doom as exactly the same issue existed for me before I installed it.

Again, thank you so much for engaging in this, and sorry to be taking up your time.

David