Re: Auctex persistent problems not recognizing master file

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Auctex persistent problems not recognizing master file
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 16:14:40 +0900

Thanks Al for looking into this issue and checking with Doom Emacs.

> These are the values I get.
> TeX-master is a buffer-local variable defined in tex.el.
> Global Value

> file-local-variables-alist is a buffer-local variable without a source
> file.
> Global Value
> nil

The latter shows that emacs didn't analysed your Local Variables
section. In addition, it is very strange to see "without a source
file." for it. It should be "defined in ‘files.el’." under usual
circumastances.
It seems that something overwrote the definition of
`file-local-variables-alist' and I suspect that is the origin which
hinders analysis of your Local Variables section. It's likely that
"something" is outside of AUCTeX because AUCTeX does nothing on
`file-local-variables-alist' other than reading its value.

Anyway, it's almost impossible to say something other than guess
without concrete example. As I said before, please provide sample set of
documents which doesn't work for you in order to examine whether the
problem is inside of AUCTeX or not. And I'd like you to do "M-x
TeX-submit-bug-report" in the buffer of your sub file after trying C-c
C-c, to help investigating diagnoses.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita