Re: [AUCTeX] composed characters in LaTeX source code

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] composed characters in LaTeX source code
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 18:29:42 +0100

On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 06:07:17PM +0100, Stephen Berman wrote:
> Emacs can correctly display composed characters, and I want to use such
> characters in a LaTeX source file but when I run the latter through
> pdflatex, the PDF output display is wrong.

If you have Unicode input files, usually the best thing to do is to use XeLaTeX
or LuaLaTeX to process your files. pdflatex groks a subset of Unicode with the
inputenc package, but it's only a subset. IME XeLaTeX does a much better job,
even though it's claimed to be slower. (I never use pdflatex, so I can't really
compare).

If for some reason you need or want to use pdflatex, then I doubt there's a
solution.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments