[AUCTeX] AUCTeX's C-c C-c Behavior

From: Quinn Culver
Subject: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX's C-c C-c Behavior
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 15:19:27 -0400

Hi,

I'm confused by AUCTeX's decision to select "LaTeX" or "View" when I hit C-c C-c. Usually, after I've run LaTeX, it will default to View, but sometimes not. Also, when I have Tex-pdf mode enabled, the View command sometimes runs an appropriate pdf-viewing command, but sometimes not. What determines this behavior? How can I control it?

I read Chapter 7 of the AUCTeX manual, but didn't see any detailed explanation of this.

Thanks.

--
Quinn Culver

"Inscribe all human effort with one word,
Artistry's haunting curse, the Incomplete!" - Robert Browning