Re: [AUCTeX] Re: /bin/sh: latex: command not found (but it works in the

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: /bin/sh: latex: command not found (but it works in the terminal version)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 17:06:06 +0200

* Erickson Al (2009-06-20) writes:

> On the other hand, Emacs.app does not do this _when i open it from the
> finder_ and apparently loads up some minimal defaults instead.
>
> So the temporary solution is to open it from the terminal by
> executing /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs &
>
> everything I mentioned before works in this instance of emacs,
> including preview (yay, what a cool feature).
>
> I'm happy with this hack for the moment but I think it's something for
> the devs to work on for obvious reasons.

It is very likely that your operating system contains information about
how to pass environment variables to applications not started from the
terminal.  If not then you might have to adapt PATH in Emacs by using
`setenv'.  The former method is usually better, though, because it
applies to other applications besides Emacs as well.  So this is more an
Apple problem than an Emacs problem.