Re: [AUCTeX] Auctex treats tex file as plain tex files

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Auctex treats tex file as plain tex files
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 16:57:35 +0200

* Damian (2009-06-18) writes:

> I don't know why, but when I load a tex file, I see the syntax
> highlighted and the mode in emacs reads PDFTex. But auctex seems to be
> inactive. The keyboards shortcuts don't work when editing those files,
> but they work well in the others.

There is probably nothing in the file which AUCTeX recognizes as an
indicator for LaTeX.  (I suppose you mean LaTeX, when you write "tex".)
You can specify the mode with a file-local variable.  AUCTeX inserts a
stanza with file-local variables (mainly for the sake of specifying the
master file) if it is set up as described on the first page of its
manual.  The stanza can be inserted manually by typing `C-c _'.  In that
case you will likely have to modify the "mode:" line.