aspell-user

[Aspell-user] suggestions for words with numbers

From: Allen Lee
Subject: [Aspell-user] suggestions for words with numbers
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:43:03 -0700

Hi,

We are trying to create a dictionary of alphanumeric part numbers
(like ABCD1234) so that if someone submits "1234" or "abcd" we can get
aspell to suggest actual part numbers from our dictionary. Problem is
that aspell ignores numbers in words so the suggestions end up being
mostly irrelevant.

Another user wrote in asking about how to get aspell to stop ignoring
numbers in order to get suggestions from a medical dictionary that had
numbers in the words:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/aspell-user/2002-09/msg00036.html

Is there any way around this so that we can create a master dictionary
consisting of words that have numbers inside and then compare input to
this list in order to get likely "suggested spellings" that would
offer up part numbers that look like what the input may have meant?

--
Allen Lee
Crystalfontz America, Incorporated