Re: [Adonthell-devel] More adonthell-0.3 updates

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] More adonthell-0.3 updates
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 00:01:01 +0200

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 9:46 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

I also am thinking about actually adding a settings window. Initially I did not think it would be feasible, due to lacking widgets, but I think I came up with a design that should work quite well and be simple enough to add.
[...]
Basically you'd use the up/down arrow keys to select one of the options or OK, then use left/right to cycle through the possible values (or in case of the volume increase or decrease the number). OK will close and save. Should be easy enough to write in Python, like the rest of the UI.

Implemented and comitted, though only tested on Linux with Python 3.5.

And it's actually quite good I implemented this, because during this I discovered that the localization does not really work anymore. Basically, gettext no longer loaded the message catalog from its custom location, for whatever reason. I implemented the workaround found at http://stackoverflow.com/a/1564879/2501078 , but I am pretty certain there never was the need to call setlocale(LC_ALL,"") before.

Anyway, another bug fixed, and we now can change the most important settings on the fly and without manually editing the config file :-).