[Adonthell-devel] More adonthell-0.3 updates

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] More adonthell-0.3 updates
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 23:38:23 +0200

More testing done using gcc with -std=c++11 and c++14 parameters. Both worked.
I also compiled and tested it on the ancient iBook (gcc 3.something, Python 2.3, SWIG 2.0.0) and it worked. Played it through one more time, but it stopped during the outro, on the transition from mapview to the little cutscene of the chest and Bjarns little hiding place. No error message though, and since I played fullscreen not much chance but killing the process.
Will have to investigate further.

I also collected my todo list online, as to not forget anything:
http://adonthell.sourceforge.net/doc/index.php/Tasks:Adonthell_0.3

Not really meant for public consumption, so items are quite brief. Let me know if you can think of anything else that would be good to check or change.

I was also further contemplating about supporting SDL 2 or not, but I am under the impression that it is still a bit of a moving target. Since I do not really want to invest a lot of time once 0.3.6 is out, it might be better to keep with proven libraries. OTOH, SDL2 would open up the possibility to port to mobile devices. Any opinions on this matter?

And finally, look what I just found:
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDyWo-y4Tiw

Haven't even looked at it yet, so might be a big disappointment, but apparently somebody did a Let's Play of Waste's Edge, back in February! ;-)

So more bug hunting tomorrow.