[Adonthell-devel] Re: Changing code to support a MMORPG.

From: Daniel Millington
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Changing code to support a MMORPG.
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:27:43 +0000

Okay thanks for the info everyone,

I'll look through the documentation and see what I wanna dig my hands into.

As for the multiplayer concept. I was thinking of something like what was planned for "Resident Evil: Online"(or whatever the name was) where I think a random map was generated with a some plot and the characters start off together or spread about the map. Then they go about doing (a) quest(s) where they end up sticking together or doing whatever. All that is known, is that in the beginning no one really knows whos a player or a cpu tagging along with you or who you just walked by.

Basically it would support probrably at most oh say 2-8 players(or maybe more). I think that would be enjoyable. Well I'll just jot this down and get to reading the documentation, as thats the main focus right now. Once again thanks everyone for the info. =)

regards,
Daniel Millington

Let the new MSN Premium Internet Software make the most of your high-speed experience. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/prem&ST=1