Re: [Adonthell-devel] Changing code to support a MMORPG.

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Changing code to support a MMORPG.
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:47:06 +0100

Hi Daniel,

> Hello all, Im new here and I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I
> was wondering if it would be "okay" if after you guys add in alot more
> features, so as that the engine will be almost complete, if I could morph
> the engine code to support a MMORPG? Mainly im asking ,because if the
> engine was meant to be single player only(ethics wize), I wouldn't want to
> mess that up.

Altough we target multiplayer, our ambition doesn't go up to "massively" right
now. Of course, since most of the code for 0.4 as yet to be written, you can
feel free to take over some network-related tasks to add your touch! :)

> Also I'll try to help out if at all possible with development. I'm fluent
> in x86 Asm(Hence my name ;p), C/C++, Java, and Python. I love the engine
> already, it reminds me of final fantasy. Keep up the good work guys and
> I'll try to add in some stuff.

Great, I hope to see your stuff then! 0.4's engine is still not really usuable
for a game, but constitutes a nice little base of primitives. Don't hesitate
to checkout the CVS and start hacking around (Hint: there is no network code
at all yet! ;))

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org