Re: [Adonthell-devel] First 0.3 Windows binaries

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] First 0.3 Windows binaries
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 20:27:28 +0200

On 25 Apr 2002 20:13:34 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> > Actually, I think the changes you made to nls.cc weren't neccessary.
> > When ENABLE_NLS isn't defined, all the gettext related functions are
> > defined to a noop in gettext.h. That should already suffice.
>
> I fear it will be necessary when I'll compile with nls support.
> mingw32 doesn't have definitions for ONE language, which is not that
> bad :)

Don't understand what you mean :). But if you say it's neccessary, then
it doesn't matter.

> Uh? No, it's fine for me, and my CVS is up-to-date. This problem came
> from character.data, which container dialogues/oliver_start like
> entries, and I changed them to dialogues.oliver_start. Just copy the
> file and gunzip it to check. Be carefull too, that saved games store
> this information too. So if you loaded a game, you'll end up with the
> old '/' style.

Yeah, figured that out in the meantime. Maybe we should change the
version number of character.data. That way, people will be notified that
theyr saved game is outdated.

> > And 'make install' seems to be broken as well.
>
> Ah, maybe. I haven't tested, but I updated Makefile.ams and
> configure.in carefully. I'll have a look.

You forgot to change the pkgdatadir in game_events/Makefile.am, that's
all :).