Re: [Adonthell-devel] Freetype and SWIG configure checks

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Freetype and SWIG configure checks
Date: 06 Mar 2002 21:27:47 +0100

> Then I added version checking for SWIG. I haven't put in any warnings yet as
> SWIG is only required when compiling the CVS code, or after changes to some
> header files.
>
> Actually, we could check if a 'CVS' directory exists and let configure fail
> if SWIG is not found or not recent enough. Otherwise we might display a
> message telling people to update SWIG if they plan to make changes to the
> code.

Checking for the CVS directory wouldn't cover all cases IMO. Someone
could want to develop with the released versions - actually I find it
better to display a message each time py_adonthell_wrap.cc need to be
rebuild and SWIG isn't good. This will always abord compilation when
needed - even when people want to mess with releases.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org