Re: [Adonthell-devel] How client/server deals with maps

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] How client/server deals with maps
Date: 13 Dec 2001 10:08:59 +0100

> Stuff like the event system and the python scripting will possibly be reused,
> maybe with some improvements and adaptions to the client/server model. That
> part doesn't interfere with Alex, I guess.

That's globally the only things that will be reused, but as you can
notice, they are in no way dependant of the map system. There is room
for improvment there too - I can think of the events that would probably
work better if they are hashed instead of being linked.

> Well, v0.4 should contain the pretty much final version of the mapengine, the

Really? Wasn't 0.3 mapengine supposed to be final too? ;)

> client/server stuff, improved saving/loading, basic items, inventory and
> combat. Feel free to lend a hand wherever you like.

If we do all of this, the game would be nearly complete! :) We would
need more hands to work on this, though. Lakin, feel free! ;)

> Uh, thanks Alex :). Usually, console style RPG's are somewhat limited when it
> comes to NPC interaction - at least the few I played so far. If you're used
> to games like Ultima 7, Baldur's Gate or Planescape Torment it's nothing
> special. ;)

Oh, by the way, I've noticed one bug in the dialogs (played before Kai
commited though): I've gone speak to Silverhair and several other
people, then I came back to talk to Erek, and he was acting as if I had
the gem and he examines it! Probably a messed variable.

Alex.

--
http://www.gnurou.org