Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Character portraits

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Character portraits
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 23:03:45 +0100

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden> wrote:

Okay, here are descriptions for all the remaining characters. Where I
could find something, I linked an image for inspiration. But seeing
how good a job you did on those characters without an existing
picture, you should probably just follow your own imagination :-).

> * Mina Turvale, wife of Sulin Turvale
In her thirties, short, blonde hair, not as pretty as Agdan or Reylyr,
perhaps, more motherly instead, seeing how she likes children and has
a couple of her own.

> * Andare dunVelain
See Andrews mail.

> * Albrecht, Duke of Wyvernesse
About 40, part noble, part scholar. Maybe a bit like this, but with
different hair:
http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/images/scholar.jpg

> * Lursan Maladris, a Yetin Monk and ursanthrope
See Andrews mail.

> * Abbot Tham
> * Lesteph Brighteyes
See Andrews mail.

Endhelm's Enders: the next four characters are outlaws that fled from
despotic lords, unjust prosecution, etc. . They may now make their
living by stealing, but more out of need than of malice. In general,
they'll look unkempt but not unfriendly.

> * Tewr "the Fell"
Going by the name, he's the most vicious of the group and has been the
leader of the group before Alek took over. He's been wounded recently,
so should be wearing a bandage or something.

> * Rrelmer "the Bower"
Archer, tracker, woodsman. Like that, perhaps?
http://galleries.lycos.co.uk/d/15144-2/robin-hood.jpg

> * Dern "the Blade"
A swordsman, maybe with a bit of a viking-like appearance?

> * Krelm "the Cutpurse"
Maybe looking like a "typical" sneak thief/assassin, with hood and all.

> * Elgar Basil (since what we had for him is now Thorn)
The Dockmaster, Elgar Basil, is of average height, build, and
complexion. He wears his hair at shoulder length and done up in a knot
on top of his head, so that it does not snarl on anything. He wears a
constant, businessman's smile, though it does not always reach his
eyes.

> * Orl
Cousin of Thorn, hunter and tracker.
http://www.meranger.com/old_time_ranger_2_op_450x600.jpg

> * Soko
A farmer. Wearing a hat like that, perhaps:
http://raduvlad.info/resources/_wsb_231x308_DSC00077.JPG

That's it. If anybody has to add something to the descriptions, please
do so (but you'll have to be fast ;-)).

Kai

P.S: Ingo: if you're willing to do a few experiments with perspective
(like with Agdan), or just tilt the head a little bit this way or that
(Marcella or Ella), that'd be extra nice :-). Even some frontal
portraits could work out well to bring in even more variance. (I'm
thinking about mirroring a few of the existing ones ... not sure how
that will turn out, though)