ada-mode-users

Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Warnings no longer discriminated by compilation-mode

From: Manuel Gómez
Subject: Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Warnings no longer discriminated by compilation-mode
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 17:49:16 +0200

Am 12/8/21 um 19:29 schrieb Stephen Leake:
Manuel Gómez <mgrojo@gmail.com> writes:

After updating to ada-mode version 7.1.7 from 4.0 (it is the built-in
version in Emacs 26.3), I've noticed that warnings emitted by the
compiler are no longer colorized differently and the count in the
modeline no longer counts them (second number in orange). Everything
is considered an error. Even if I call M-x compile and run gprbuild by
myself, the compilation-mode acts in the same way; so I suppose it has
been set up by ada-mode 7 in some way. Is that intended?

This is controlled by compilation-error-regexp-alist-alist and
compilation-error-regexp-alist.

ada-mode 7.x does not set these variables for Ada buffers; it does set
them for gpr-query results.

It may be that ada-mode 4 did set these; you can probably just copy that
setting into your ~/.emacs.

In my devel system, compilation-error-regexp-alist is set to '(gnat),
but I can't find where that happens :(.

At least in ada-mode-7.1.7 it is set here:
gnat-core.el:361:  (setq compilation-error-regexp-alist '(gnat))

What I see is that without selecting a project, M-x compile makes the distinction. This is the value of compilation-error-regexp-alist after starting emacs:

compilation-error-regexp-alist is a variable defined in ‘compile.el’.
Its value is
(absoft ada aix ant bash borland python-tracebacks-and-caml cmake cmake-[...]

And after using <menu-bar> <Ada> <Project files> <Find and select
project ...>, M-x compile does no longer sees warnings, and the value of the variable is:

compilation-error-regexp-alist is a variable defined in ‘compile.el’.
Its value is (gnat)
Original value was
(gpr-query-ident-file gnat absoft ada aix ant bash borland python-[...]