ada-mode-users

Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Warnings no longer discriminated by compilation-mode

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Warnings no longer discriminated by compilation-mode
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 10:29:34 -0700

Manuel Gómez <mgrojo@gmail.com> writes:

> After updating to ada-mode version 7.1.7 from 4.0 (it is the built-in
> version in Emacs 26.3), I've noticed that warnings emitted by the
> compiler are no longer colorized differently and the count in the
> modeline no longer counts them (second number in orange). Everything
> is considered an error. Even if I call M-x compile and run gprbuild by
> myself, the compilation-mode acts in the same way; so I suppose it has
> been set up by ada-mode 7 in some way. Is that intended?

This is controlled by compilation-error-regexp-alist-alist and
compilation-error-regexp-alist.

ada-mode 7.x does not set these variables for Ada buffers; it does set
them for gpr-query results.

It may be that ada-mode 4 did set these; you can probably just copy that
setting into your ~/.emacs.

In my devel system, compilation-error-regexp-alist is set to '(gnat),
but I can't find where that happens :(.

--
-- Stephe