Re: [Xlog-discussion] Log as diary

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Log as diary
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:46:57 +0100

Op dinsdag 26-02-2008 om 14:44 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Martin
Ewing AA6E:

>   Conventional logging apps seem to grow out of contesting needs
> historically, and they're not  trying to fully emulate the way I (for
> one) used my paper log.

Hi Leigh and Martin,

interesting topic. There are already plans to add XDIF support to a
future version of xlog, although it make take a while. XDIF would add
much more log-information such as which transceiver was used, from which
QTH did we make contacts and so on...

In the meantime, adding a general note field to the log is not such a
bad idea. But how do we display it? Would this information need to be
visible all the time or is a simple popup dialog sufficient? I am open
to ideas...

Regards,
Joop PG4I