Re: [Xlog-discussion] Log as diary

From: Leigh L Klotz, Jr.
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Log as diary
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:50:07 -0800

Yes on all points. XDIF is a more extensible format than ADIF and can be converted to ADIF with a simple transformation and it can be converted to weblog format with a simple transformation. it can be converted to Cabrillo with a simple transformation. It could be used to keep the log and make us all happy. XDIF can be stored in a single file for a personal log, a Berkeley DB with XML support for a DXPedition, an eXist Java DB, or a high-performance db such as Monet (from CWI, where Python came from) for a web-sized log site.

Leigh/WA5ZNU