[Xlog-discussion] Log as diary

From: Martin Ewing AA6E
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Log as diary
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:18:23 -0500

Here's a small suggestion. In my old written logs, I would enter various non-operating information: changes in antennas, new equipment, mailing batches of QSL cards, propagation notes, and what-not.

I don't see any facility for that in any logging software I've used, including xlog - everything is a 'contact'. It would be nice to have a "comment" record not related to a contact. Text with no special formatting, except maybe a date field. I see that I can make a QSO entry with remarks but no call sign. I suppose that's OK as far as the database is concerned, but it doesn't get displayed well -- off the right of my screen, usually. Would a no-call record screw up ADI exchanges?

73, Martin AA6E