Re: [XForms] EXTERNAL: Any test results for new pre-release?

From: Turnage, Justin
Subject: Re: [XForms] EXTERNAL: Any test results for new pre-release?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:54:03 +0000

That would work for me.  8-)

Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: Jens Thoms Toerring [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 3:13 PM
To: Turnage, Justin; address@hidden

Hi Justin,

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 06:38:52PM +0100, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
> > I noticed in this version we are unable to put the label inside of
> > the slider now. (Even though it still works in fdesign, but it does
> > not save it that way, nor does it output the templates for the UI
> > that way.) I would like to put this back in at least in my version
> > because I use the sliders like progress bars in windows and I don't
> > like the way val sliders work or look in the form. Any plans on putting
> > that back?
>
> Worse, that long history makes it problematic to switch back to the
> behaviour of the even earlier versions since all code written since
> 2002, setting the alignment to e.g. FL_ALIGN_CENTER and expecting it
> to be automatically corrected to FL_ALIGN_BOTTOM, would stop to work
> properly.
>
> What I could try to do is to add another function to the slider widget
> for switching off automatic etting of the alignment to "outside" if I
> can find some unused bits I can use for that.
> Would that be acceptable?

I just had a better idea than that: I'll create a new "slider"
type, basically a value slider (which is probably what you use for the progress
bars) called a "FL_VERT_PROGRESS_BAR" or "FL_HOR_PROGRESS_BAR". It allows a
label centered within the "slider" and doesn't react to any user actions, i.e.
it's just for visualization. So all you'd have to do is change the slider type
for your progress bars. What do you think about that?
                              Best regards, Jens