websec-users

[WebSec-users] Privoxy / WebSec

From: David Bullock
Subject: [WebSec-users] Privoxy / WebSec
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:15:11 -0700

Wow that was great - if one of you guys could show me how to generate a patch I'd be happy to do it myself if I ever come up with something useful again.

I have a problem I was wrestling with lastnight and didn't get very far. I'm trying to run websec v1.7.0 through privoxy <http://www.privoxy.org/> . Privoxy is a fork of Junkbuster. I'm using the filtering rules in Privoxy to eliminate not just ads, but some of the noise in various pages I visit. Unfortunately when I setup the proxy, websec tells me that it can't retrieve the pages. Does anyone else have this combination working? I want to use websec through it for a couple of reasons. First, I want to minimize false hits, and I can eliminate some of the dynamic noise on pages using Privoxy's filtering rules .for example, I websec http://slashdot.org/search.pl and I can filter out the random quote at the bottom of the page. Second, I have a few pages (tomshardwareguide, and imdb) that when websec'd crash my mail client (Thunderbird). I have some suspicions about what the cause is, and I'd like to try to use Privoxy to remove the offending code before it gets mailed to my client.