Re: [vile] vile-9.7q.patch.gz

From: Steven Lembark
Subject: Re: [vile] vile-9.7q.patch.gz
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 16:19:50 -0400

On Wed, 27 May 2009 07:07:22 -0400 (EDT)
Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

> as an afterthought, I _could_ make vile limit the permissions and
> just tell you about it...

What about shared .vilerc files? If we have a
common one -- usually symlinked -- then people
will have to hack the mods every time they
start up. On most systems non-owners cannot
modify the mods, so that will effectively lock
everyone out of maintaining the file.

--
Steven Lembark                                            85-09 90th St.
Workhorse Computing                                 Woodhaven, NY, 11421