Re: [vile] Just a thought - can one use vileget across a network?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Just a thought - can one use vileget across a network?
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:28:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Chris G wrote:

Just a thought regarding my vile/perl/solaris problems.

Would it be possible to use vileget (and the associated bits) across a
network connection?  I.e. can I run xvile on my Fedora box here and
fire filenames at it from the Solaris boxes?  I'm pretty sure the
Fedora box can see all the filesystems that the Solaris boxes can so
the files are available.

Reading the script, it does sound as if that would work - it reads the connection information from an environment variable for $HOME/.vilesock

(perhaps the connection is in some readable/standard form - I'm not home
right now to see what that might be)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net