viewmail-info

Re: [VM] IMAP-SSL with Exchange Server

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] IMAP-SSL with Exchange Server
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 06:50:45 +0100

Lewis Perin writes:

> >> cygwin warning:
> >>   MS-DOS style path detected: c:\temp\vm387560729
> >>   Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/temp/vm387560729
> >>   CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
> >>   warning.
> >>   Consult the user’s guide for more details about POSIX paths:
> >>     http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
> >
> >So, clearly you need to fix this issue in order to get a clean IMAP session
> >for VM.
>
> For some value of “clean”: this is a warning, but is it consequential?

The warning message is meant for you, not VM!  VM won't know what to do with
it.  You should create a CYGWIN environment variable with nodosfilewarning
as its value, and get rid of the warning message.

Windows Emacs will necessarily use Windows path names, which Cygwin doesn't
like.  But they gave you a work-around.  So, please use it.

I don't know why it is working for gmail.  But it is likely that it is
breaking in some more subtle ways.  VM is trying to listen to the server and
the warning message is interfering with it.

Cheers,
Uday