viewmail-info

Re: [VM] IMAP-SSL with Exchange Server

From: Lewis Perin
Subject: Re: [VM] IMAP-SSL with Exchange Server
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:10:40 -0400

Uday Reddy <address@hidden> writes:

>Lewis Perin writes:
>
>> >So, where does it get into trouble?
>>
>> Immediately on login, I get “vm-imap-protocol-error: IMAP protocol
>> error: "unexpected char (10)"”.
>
>Indeed, you said that.   But what is in the trace buffer at this point?  In
>particular, is there a line without a CR character (^M)?

Here’s the whole trace buffer, lightly deidentified:

--- start of trace buffer ---

starting IMAP over SSL session Fri Jun 15 11:04:20 2012
connecting to owa.myschool.edu:993
connected
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: c:\temp\vm387560729
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/temp/vm387560729
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
  warning.
  Consult the user’s guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
* OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.^M

* BYE Connection is closed. 13

Process IMAP over SSL finished

--- end of trace buffer ---

Thanks, everybody, for your efforts so far in hunting down this problem!

/Lew
---
Lew Perin / address@hidden
http://babelcarp.org