viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Latest (mostly) stable version of VM

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Latest (mostly) stable version of VM
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 19:50:54 +0100

blueman writes:

> I see that 8.1.2 is the latest stable release and that there is an 8.2
> and 8.3 development branch.

8.1.2 has important bug fixes and you should definitely install it before
moving to the 8.2.x branch.

> I don't need perfectly bug proof code but on the other hand, I do want
> something that will work 99.9% of the time.

The most bug proof code is typically the development version.  But all the
alpha/beta releases are more or less stable.  If they aren't stable, I would
have withdrawn them and replaced them by stable versions.

However, going by your past your experience, I would expect that you would
likely have some adjustment issues with the new releases.

Cheers,
Uday