viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Newbie emacs/imap question

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Newbie emacs/imap question
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 19:39:15 +0100

blueman writes:

> Unfortunately, I still use 'mbox' mode and offlineimap seems to only
> work with maildir -- otherwise it seems like a great idea

The official web page http://offlineimap.org/ says that it supports Maildir
or IMAP as the local repository.

> Couple of additional questions:
> 1. Is there a companion function to vm-imap-move-mail that moves mail in
>    the opposite direction -- from a VM folder to an IMAP mail box?

No, there isn't a way to make the IMAP server into a client of local
folders.  You can however save individual messages into an IMAP folder
using `vm-save-message-to-imap-folder'.

> 2. Is there a way to get the 'FCC' copy to go to an imap folder?

Yes, `vm-imap-save-composition' does that.  Or, look up IMAP-FCC in a recent
version of the manual.

Cheers,
Uday