tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Seeking a TSP for Win32 builder/maintainer

From: Frederik Deweerdt
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Seeking a TSP for Win32 builder/maintainer
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:05:37 +0100

> L1) Can we still generate an NSIS installer as we do on "genuine" win32
>      platform?
Don't know about that, I'll try.
> L2) We still need, at least, beta-tester on real win32 host
>      Linux+Wine won't be sufficient since the current TSP for Win32 bundle
>      includes windows RPC DLL AND rpc portmap service
>      which almost surely won't install itself through wine.
AFAIK, the generated exe will link with the onc-rpc dll, and will
register to the Linux portmap. That means that the portmap service
won't be tested, but is that really what we want to test? We know it's
working on XP, and as long as we don't modify it, I'd say we could
assume it works?

Although I can't offer to build or develop Win32/TSP,  I think I might be
able to do the testing part under some conditions:
 -The installer works under my Office WinBox
-All the tests can be done without any compilation
I can ship the generated EXE files in a handy zip file :)
-All the non regression tests be quite automatised
That needs to be written...

Frederik