tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Seeking a TSP for Win32 builder/maintainer

From: Yves DUFRENNE
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Seeking a TSP for Win32 builder/maintainer
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:25:03 +0100

Hi folks.

2007/2/2, Eric Noulard <address@hidden>:
> > Please tell me who want/is able to do this?
> > I promise I won't tell you are running Win32 box ;)
> Would a mingw32 cross-compile and a wine run be acceptable? I'd say
> this would be the lightest and easiest on the long run and I'd go for
> it.

Nevertheless I see 2 limitations to this solution:

L1) Can we still generate an NSIS installer as we do on "genuine" win32
     platform?

L2) We still need, at least, beta-tester on real win32 host
     Linux+Wine won't be sufficient since the current TSP for Win32 bundle
     includes windows RPC DLL AND rpc portmap service
     which almost surely won't install itself through wine.

Although I can't offer to build or develop Win32/TSP,  I think I might be able to do the testing part under some conditions:
-The installer works under my Office WinBox
-All the tests can be done without any compilation
-All the non regression tests be quite automatised
What do you think of this ?