tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] S&P/RUN mode confusion

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] S&P/RUN mode confusion
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:02:39 -0500

I want to clear up any confusion I've made. First of all we are talking S&P, and not RUN.

First item is if you are going to do S&P, you need to press (+) to change from LOG to S&P.

The following depends on the contest and the exchange. I'm going to use the CQWW as an example.

Type in the RUN station's call, the cursor will move to the exchange input field. <enter> will send your call. If you are not heard you will need to use F2, as the input field is populated with the RUN stations zone from the cty.dat file. When you are heard and the RUN station sends his info <enter> will send your info and log the qso, using the S&P TU message. You need to have a proper exchange string in the S&P TU message and no where else. If the RUN station needs a fill (_) will resend your info. If you need to log the QSO without CW output use the backslash (\).

Now I'm going to use a contest that uses a serial number as the exchange ( 9A contest). Type in the RUN station's call. The cursor will move to the input field. Until the RUN station hears you, you can use <enter> to send your call. Once you are heard, enter the info in the input field, <enter> will send your info, and log the QSO, as long as you have the exchange string defined in the S&P TU message. Again the (_) will resend your exchange.

Your macro's are only needed in the rules file. If you are going to work a contest that has no pre-defined rules file, use the template and carefully edit what you need. The same for the logcfg.dat there is also a template. The man pages as well as the old tlf web site are an excellent reference on how to do all of this. The wiki needs a lot of work to get up to date.

What really is needed is more scoring options, but Tom is already up to his (you know what) with other important items, especially family time. A more flexible logcfg.dat would be ideal. If I knew how to do it I would try my hand at hacking the code. But, alas, the only code I know is CW.

Take care and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Ed W3NR