tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] S&P/RUN mode confusion

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] S&P/RUN mode confusion
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 15:30:53 -0500

On 12/22/2013 03:06 PM, Thomas Beierlein wrote:

What is wrong with the  sequence below?

run station             you
------------------------------------
test de xy2xyz
                        xy2xyz <enter> (sends your call)
(if he did not here you
                        just press <enter>  again)

No it sends the S&P TU macro, you need to use F2 until you are called. In S&P when you enter a call and press <enter> the cursor moves to the input field, and when you press <enter> the 2nd time the qso is logged and the TU message is sent.

ha2os 5nn 123
                        type in <123> and press <enter>
                        (sends SP_TU_MSG and logs qso)

if he does not understand
and send <agn?>
                        press '_' (sends 'nr #' again)

So minimum is: Enter call <enter> enter nr send by him <enter>

Only if he calls you the 1st time you send your call and that does not always happen. That's why you use F2.

As far as I know it is handled similar by other contest programs.

It is used by N1MM and TRlog both, the others I don't know.

The only alternative I know of is to leave the call in the call field, keep pressing <enter> until you are called. Hit the space bar to move to the input field, once populated, <enter> again send TU message and logs qso. But tlf is not coded this way. Would be nice if it did.

Ed W3NR