tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] S&P/RUN mode confusion

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] S&P/RUN mode confusion
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:21:55 +0100

Hello,

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 09:06:50PM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> Hi Ervin and Ed,
>
> just my 2 ct's.
[...]

> What is wrong with the  sequence below?
>
> run station           you
> ------------------------------------
> test de xy2xyz
>                       xy2xyz <enter> (sends your call)
> (if he did not here you
>                       just press <enter>  again)
>
> ha2os 5nn 123
>                       type in <123> and press <enter>
>                       (sends SP_TU_MSG and logs qso)
>
> if he does not understand
> and send <agn?>
>                       press '_' (sends 'nr #' again)
>

> So minimum is: Enter call <enter> enter nr send by him <enter>
>

> As far as I know it is handled similar by other contest programs.

Nothin's wrong with it - as I wrote, may be I just too
complicated. I just started to use Tlf, I learn it continously,
and possible I missed out few things. And when I learn something,
I don't know that's the wrong way - and when somebody (now just
you) show me the right way, that's strage :).

I'm really sorry to disturb you with this, I think I need to
adapt this way :)

> > Just an idea: may be it could be good to implement a short key to
> > save the QSO without send any TU message - what is your opinion?
> >
> Please read Ed's message again: '\' does what you are looking for.

damn, that's what I looking for... :)

Thanks for all of your help, and sorry for the disturb. Let's
close this thread :)

73,

Ervin
HA2OS