tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Re: TLF 0.8.19

From: rein couperus PA0RCT
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Re: TLF 0.8.19
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:50:32 +0200

Mike,

I have tested version 0.8.19 (upload of yesterday evening 20.4.2002) on a
pristine i386 system (Pentium 2) with SuSe 8.0 just now, and found it
compiled and runs o.k.

Just to go through the routine again:

* untar the archive
* in the top directory:
* ./configure (--enable-hamlib if you want rig ctrl support)
* make
*(as root) make install

* make a directory to run tlf in (e.g. ./tlf/qso)
* copy logcfg.dat into that directory
* start tlf from that directory
* at your system tlf bails out in the start routine reading logcfg.dat
If logcfg.dat is not there tlf does not give a segfault, but an error message
(error reading logcfg.dat file) and stop.

I have no possibility to test tlf on any other system than i386...
It may be that you are the first to try it on a Power PC (rather probable...),
so I am copying the request to the mailing list:

Anybody tried running tlf on a power pc?

73,

Rein PA0RCT

Email: address@hidden or address@hidden