tiger-user

Re: [Tiger-user] Problems with file_access_list Formatting

From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
Subject: Re: [Tiger-user] Problems with file_access_list Formatting
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 01:21:34 +0200

Doug Peterson dijo:
The file tiger/systems/Linux/2/file_access_list appears to have been autogenerated with some problems. I am using the 3.2.1 package of Tiger under Debian 4.0. The autogeneration comment is the implication from something I recall reading but cannot find right now. I will include a couple of examples:

Notice that this file_access_list might not be fully appropiate to your
sytem and you might want to autogenerate again.

I think Tiger does not do a good job for integrity check and typically
favor samhain/tripwire for these kind of checks.

That being said, I will review how that file is generated and its
contents to fix the issues you outline.

Thanks for the heads up.

Javier