tiger-user

Re: [Tiger-user] Update to Allow Setting NoLogin Shells

From: Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
Subject: Re: [Tiger-user] Update to Allow Setting NoLogin Shells
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 01:21:27 +0200

Doug Peterson dijo:
I have installed the Noshell package to my Debian 4.0 server. This results in messages about admin accounts having a valid login shell, which is technically inaccurate. I was trying to find where to update the list of nologin shells. I found three different places: check_anonftp, check_network and check_passwd. It appears, at least in the Debian release, that check_network is not used. It is a Perl script that may have been functionally replaced by various shell scripts.

Yes, check_network is just a prototype script that has never been
enabled in Debian.

I noticed in check_network a TODO comment about moving the nologin shells into in tigerrc, so I did. The lists were not completely the same between check_passwd and check_anonftp, although I would think it would best if there were. So allowing a setting in tigerrc fixes that. I also added /sbin/noshell since that was my original goal. For reference, here is what I added:

Thanks for your patch. I will take a look at it and include it in SVN soon.

Regards

Javier