thug

Re: [Thug] Thug0.2

From: James Morrison
Subject: Re: [Thug] Thug0.2
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 16:44:09 -0800 (PST)

> >  Time: Saturday, middle to end of January.
>
> Timing sounds good to me, of course it'd have to be hammered out as
> we
> get closer to it.  But I can't forsee any major barriers at the
> moment
> as it's before midterm season.

  Options seem to be the 19th and 26th.

> >  Events: Presentation of GNU/Hurd for interested parties.  Once
> the
> >presentation is completed we can install Debian GNU/Hurd onto a
> >machine, and then set it up as a buildd.
>
> Presentation would be great.  I think, unless we had it already
> setup,
> and were just going through the motions basically, that actually
> setting up buildd might be a little dry.  Doing an install would be
> cool, especially if people had boxes they wanted us to install on.
>
> Perhaps a post to uw.csc might draw more attention and actually
> warrent a room in the MC for use.

 Yeah, 4th floor MC is good.
        Perhaps we could have the GNU/Hurd box running X also have
buildd
setup on it, so we can show what a buildd does. and perhaps jeff can
answer
questions on how to set it up.

        Installing GNU/Hurd on peoples boxes would be cool, but could
take
a while if we get a lot of people, or could be disappointing since
people
probably don't want to bring any boxes into the MC.

> >  Other Events: Dinner: mongolian grill?  Drinking: in house?
> Bomber?
> >elsewhere?  Sleeping: I'll have a bed of my own, I think I'll have
> >couch for someone and a not quite so hard floor.
>
> Drinking of course is always welcome. ;)
>
> --
> Ryan Golbeck <address@hidden>
> Computer Science
> University Of Waterloo
>
> GPG: 1024D/78916B84
> 1B1B 2A87 3F00 A7FB 40F3  526D 36CF BA44 7891 6B84

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone refering this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU