thug

Re: [Thug] Thug0.2

From: Ryan M. Golbeck
Subject: Re: [Thug] Thug0.2
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 19:25:22 -0500

James Morrison <address@hidden> writes:

> G'day
>         Here is what I think we should do for Thug0.2 .
>
>  Place: Uwaterloo, I think I have enough room in my living room at
> MKV

We could probably use a room in MC if we asked someone who does that
sort of thing.

>  Time: Saturday, middle to end of January.

Timing sounds good to me, of course it'd have to be hammered out as we
get closer to it.  But I can't forsee any major barriers at the moment
as it's before midterm season.

>  Events: Presentation of GNU/Hurd for interested parties.  Once the
>presentation is completed we can install Debian GNU/Hurd onto a
>machine, and then set it up as a buildd.

Presentation would be great.  I think, unless we had it already setup,
and were just going through the motions basically, that actually
setting up buildd might be a little dry.  Doing an install would be
cool, especially if people had boxes they wanted us to install on.

>  People who may be interested:  UW students
>         sdt
>         philbo
>         coleSLAW
>         Paul, philbo's friend
>         James Perry.
>  These are some people I know that would probably like to see
> GNU/Hurd in action
> or even see a Debian buildd running.

Perhaps a post to uw.csc might draw more attention and actually
warrent a room in the MC for use.

>  Other Events: Dinner: mongolian grill?  Drinking: in house? Bomber?
>elsewhere?  Sleeping: I'll have a bed of my own, I think I'll have a
>couch for someone and a not quite so hard floor.

Drinking of course is always welcome. ;)

--
Ryan Golbeck <address@hidden>
Computer Science

GPG: 1024D/78916B84
1B1B 2A87 3F00 A7FB 40F3  526D 36CF BA44 7891 6B84