therion-users

[Therion] Surveying Maze Caves

From: Jonathan Prouty
Subject: [Therion] Surveying Maze Caves
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 11:56:48 -0500

Hello all,
I have a question regarding surveying (and mapping) extremely mazy multi-level caves. There is a cave near my home that has never been mapped, I assume due to it's extremely mazy nature.

I am considering taking it on as a project, however, I have no idea how to survey it. Do any of you have advice as to how to best manage such a survey?

I imagine I will have to be extremely careful with how I create scraps in therion, as well. I can think of several places in the cave that have 5 or 6 passages all meeting in one small room.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :-).

Sincerely,
Jonny Prouty