Re: [Texmacs-dev] Disastrous boot time for new versions

From: Karl M. Hegbloom
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Disastrous boot time for new versions
Date: 09 Mar 2003 22:19:27 -0800

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 09:37, Nix N. Nix wrote:
> Not to be a party-pooper or anything, however, I would like to remind
> you that Guile is widely available in most popular distributions due to
> the fact that, IIRC, it is used by GNOME (sawfish , et. al.).

Guile is not used by Sawfish; it uses it's own Lisp, found in "librep".

> If TeXmacs ends up depending on a Scheme implementation other than
> Guile, it will lose the automatic Guile support of major distributors.

MzScheme is in Debian.  I bet there's an RPM out there someplace too (if
you can trust the random packager).  If not, it would not be too
difficult for a good programmer to create one, perhaps by using the
Debian package as a starting point.

 http://www.drscheme.org/
 http://www.plt-scheme.org/software/mzscheme/

--