Re: [Texmacs-dev] Disastrous boot time for new versions

From: Karl M. Hegbloom
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Disastrous boot time for new versions
Date: 05 Mar 2003 15:28:31 -0800

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 14:11, Daniel Andor wrote:

> > > I will look for that.
>
> I mentioned this problem to a lisp-compiler-hacker friend of mine and he said
> guile is a "disaster"!
>
> Embedding a lisp such as ECLs or GCL may provide more efficiency and power,
> especially if we'd like to move as much as possible into a lisp-ish language.
> If we need to stick to a flavour of scheme, then mzscheme (or rscheme, as
> suggested here) could also be considered.

I have a CVS repository with ECL checked into it, for anyone who would
like to pull out a copy for a look.  I've not studied it as much as I'd
like to have, at this point...  I keep getting distracted and side
tracked by other people's priorities.

http://cvs.hegbloom.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ecl/

CVSROOT=:pserver:address@hidden:/var/cvs/debian
cvs login
 (blank password)
cvs -z3 checkout ecl

It's in a repository called "debian" because, a long time ago, I was
going to package it for Debian.  I never got around to it, and as I
said, I've been sidetracked by other people's priorities.  Hopefully,
over the next few years, I'll have the time and peace for that.

I found that finding ECL (ECoLisp) on the net is difficult...  It seemed
to have all but disappeared at one point.  Please make a copy.

--
http://www.debian.org/ - Free the Software!