[Texmacs-dev] Disastrous boot time for new versions

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Disastrous boot time for new versions
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:34:28 +0100 (MET)

I have continued the reorganization of the Guile/Scheme interface.
Unfortunately, we have to pay a big price for that: the boot time explodes.
On a 1GHz PC, I noticed an increase of about 3.5 sec (so 17.5 sec on
a 200MHz PC?). This is clearly unacceptable, so we will have to work
hard to reduce this to a more acceptable increase (1 sec would be
reasonable, since almost all menu/keyboard logic has been transferred).