[Texmacs-dev] cygwin home page link -- installation problems

From: Stephan Mucha
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] cygwin home page link -- installation problems
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:47:36 +0100

hi all, hi Joris!

i think the link at the cygwin page is great news, but:

until someone has done a cygwin package - what about the installation
problems with where on version 1.0.0.21/22 ? i have only 1.0.0.22 until
now, so i  know nothing about installing the following versions. if the
problems are not solved completely within the installation routines,
the link to

http://www.texmacs.org/Download/Cygwin.html

will probably cause a lot of trouble and unsatisfied testers. That
wouldn't be a good advertisment for TeXmacs.

May I propose to add a summary  as done by Bill Page
to this page which describes solving all
installation problems on cygwin?
Doing everything as advised by Bill Page
(http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/texmacs-dev/2002-11/msg00121.html)
worked for me, at least with version 1.0.0.22.

I've seen that e.g. the log(x) problem in
Ressources/Bitmap_fonts/shrink.cc is solved, but what about guile
1.6, packaged into cygwin setup? is this suitable now?
the -ltdl link option is still missing in the link_option variable
within src/makefile.

Sorry, I had no time today to check for the other problems.

stephan mucha
mailto:address@hidden