[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs in ULR

From: david
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs in ULR
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:11:23 +0100

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 11:42:01AM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > L'installation de Texmacs sur le réseau de l'université est encore
> > déficiente
> > en ce qui  concerne le tutoriel en ligne qui ne réussit pas à charger les
> > images sur le site web
> > www.gnu.org/software/texmacs-doc/images/...
> > Conformément à ton conseil, l'informaticien qui gère cette affaire a chargé
> > la
> > dernière version (version binaries - most recent version) à  partir du site
> > web
> > www.texmacs.org/ mais cela ne change rien au problème.

For non french speaking subscriber, some university has problem with
their installation of TeXmacs it seems unable to use the online help.

It would be nice to get what wget sends to stdout/stderr when TeXmacs
tries to access the online help. Maybe there an easy option to get
that result?

The main potential problems I see there are firewall/proxy related. Is
a proxy required to use HTTP? Then an environment variable should be
set for wget to work.

--
David Allouche         | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer |    http://www.texmacs.org